There has been a growing appetite for green finance in the entire financial system. Organisations around the world are shifting quickly to incorporate sustainable practices across all of its investments, services and strategies, driving benefits for society as a whole.
The Climate and Energy Finance Group (CEFGroup) welcomes submissions of papers for its inaugural academic climate finance symposium. We welcome papers in all areas of climate, sustainable, energy and carbon finance.
- Andreas Hoepner, Professor of Operational Risk, Banking & Finance at University College Dublin, Member of the Platform on Sustainable Finance at European Commission, Ireland. Topic: EU Taxonomies
- Sanel Tomlinso, Director of Integrated Reporting and Climate-special Projects at External Reporting Board (XRB), NZ. Topic: Climate Disclosures
- Greg Bodeker, Director of Bodeker Scientific Ltd and Kentron Ltd, Co-founder of Climate Acuity, NZ. Topic: Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts: The Pitfalls of Incorrect Use of Climate Models in Finance.
- Jesse M. Keenan, Associate Professor of Real Estate at Tulane University, US. Topic: Barriers and Accelerants of Climate Finance Policy and Practice in the U.S.
- Irene Monasterolo, Professor of Climate Finance at EDHEC Business School, Co-founder of CLIMAFIN, Austria. Topic: Climate Stress Test: Lessons We Learned and Steps Ahead
- Ben Marshall, MSA Charitable Trust Professor in Finance at Massey University, NZ. Topic: Sustainable Finance
- Martina Linnenluecke, Professor of Environmental Finance at Macquarie Business School, Director of the Centre for Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Finance, Australia. Topic: Sustainable Finance
Further information on the conference can be found on The Otago Business School Website.