The Investment Solutions course is designed to be an introduction to the technical and conceptual challenges involved in the design of innovative forms of welfare-improving investment solutions, building upon the expertise developed within EDHEC-Risk Institute over the last 15 years. Emphasis will be made on real-world examples of application and on the development of problem solving skills using dedicated portfolio simulation/construction tools.
Time commitment: 9 weeks / 3 flexible hours per week
Format: Self-paced with live faculty
At the end of the three modules, one entire day will be dedicated to case studies to engage in concepts and a variety of real-world case study applications with the guidance of the instructor. This on-site day will be held at the EDHECRisk Institute campus in London.
Faculty: Professor Lionel Martellini, Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute, PhD Berkeley
A seasoned instructor who combines academic expertise and industry experience
Output: An EDHEC-Risk Institute Certification
Participants will get access to the e-learning material 3 months prior to the day at our London campus.
They will have 12 weeks to cover the course topics at their own pace, which will enable them to explore the concepts and tools through case studies during the on-site day in London.
A typical programme day lasts from 8:30am to 5:00pm. The two on-site class sessions in each half-day period are separated by 30-minute refreshment breaks. Lunch is included.
- To Explore: Videos from EDHEC-Risk Institute introducing the concepts
- To Understand: An exclusive textbook from EDHEC-Risk Institute provides insight
- To Validate: Periodic quizzes to ensure a grasp of the concepts
- To Transform: Case studies during the live session
- Understanding the value of financial risk management in the investment management process
- Defining the three possible approaches to risk management: diversification, hedging and insurance
- Introducing liability-driven investing and goal-based investing
- Understanding the benefits of risk allocation, factor investing and smart betas
- Understanding improved forms of target-date funds and retirement solutions
To register, please fill in the form
Wednesday 13/03/2019 - Wednesday 13/03/2019
EDHEC Campus London
Manager, Executive Education
393 promenade des Anglais
06202 Nice Cedex 3 - France
Tel. +33 (0)4 93 18 34 96