The EDHEC-Risk Investment Solutions (Serious) Game is meant to facilitate engagement with graduate students or investment professionals enrolled on one of EDHEC-Risk’s various campus-based, blended or fully-digital educational programmes.
The game is designed as a series of steps or stages that take the participants through the whole process of designing and implementing a meaningful investment solution, including:
- Defining the Holy Grail (investors’ meaningful goals);
- Assessing the distance to cover (investors’ balance sheet and off-balance sheet information);
- Understanding the choice of weapons (the safe goal-hedging portfolio as the “shield”, and the risky performance-seeking portfolio as the “sword”);
- Efficiently using the shield and the sword on the path to the Holy Grail (designing a suitable dynamic allocation strategy with the GHP/shield and PSP/sword);
- Measuring progress towards the Holy Grail (reporting probabilities of reaching goals); and
- Reaching the Holy Grail and going beyond (securing goals and re-assessing the asset owner’s situation).
This tool is available since 2018 and is only accessible to registered attendees of our executive education programmes.